Plastic and Chemical Trading are suppliers of plastic injection moulding machines
ranging from 30 tons to 4000 tons, hydraulic plastic injection moulding machines
and electric injection moulding machines, hybrid (hydraulic/electric) plastic
injection moulding machines and high speed plastic injection moulding machines.
KraussMaffei Plastic Injection Moulding Machines
Plastic Injection Moulding Machines - MX Series
With a clamping force of 5500 t, the MXH 5500 is an absolute benchmark in the world of large injection molding machines. Along with another large machine, an MXH 4500, it produces large-volume waste disposal containers at Weber, the disposal specialist.
Application: large waste disposal containers with capacities from 660 to 1,100 l
- Number of cavities: 1
- Shot weight: max. 33000 g
- Material: HDPE
Machine details: MXH 5500-75000/75000
- Clamping force: 5500 t
- Two parallel injection units (SP75000 + SP75000)
- Screw diameter: 215 mm
- Demolding: LRX1000 (X stroke of 3000 mm)
- HPS barrier screw (High Performance Screw)
- Large platens (H x V) 2500 x 2500 mm
- Hydr., adaptive mold clamping system
- Mold weight: up to 150 t
- Compact, hydromechanical two-platen clamping unit
- High melt quality and constant shot weight thanks to HPS screw
- Optimal melt and pressure distribution due to parallel injection layout
New Plastic Injection Moulding Machines - PX Agile Series
PX Agile Machine series German Quality with Chinese Agility.
Versatile drive technology
- High-performance servomotor for fast mold movement and dynamic clamping force build-up
- High resolution for accurate mold movement
- Sensitive mold safety function
- Highly efficient drive systems
- Clamping motor with brake enables for spring mold
Robust toggle system
- Large mold opening stroke with compact design
- Robust and smooth mechanical system with minimum tolerance
- Ball screw drive for crosshead with minimum mass inertia
- Ideal parallel force transmission into the moving platen
- Automatic central lubrication of the toggle via progressive distributor
Symmetric force transmission for leak-free nozzle contact
- Electric driven nozzle contact force build-up and injection unit aggregate movement
- Two parallel ball screws for symmetric force transmission without transverse forces
- No one-sided nozzle pressure, no tilting of the fixed clamping platen
- Fast nozzle contact force build-up and fast injection unit movement
Stable processes with high-precision drive technology
- Highly efficient plasticizing drive
- Precise injection movement thanks to accurate and efficient servo technology
- Fast response behavior of the servomotor for dynamic control
- Direct measurement of the injection force leads to precise injection, holding and back pressure control
- Increased injection speed (optional)
- Adaptive process control with APC plus (optional)
Plastic Injection Moulding Machines PX Series
(50 to 350 Ton)
NEW INJECTION SPEED UP TO 450 MM/SEC
For the injection units up to SP 1000, as of today, injection speeds of up to 270 mm /sec can be realized with the ZE 70.312 "Injection speed II".
From now on you can also offer injection speeds up to 450 mm/sec up to injection unit SP 750. This makes the PX even more interesting for high-speed applications.
Injection Speed I: 125 m/s
Injection Speed II: 270 m/s
Injection Speed III: 450 mm/sec
All-electric injection molding machine:
Power meets flexibility
All-electric clamping unit
Clamping force range of 500 to 3,500 kN
Individualized combination of injection and clamping units
Many additional equipment and retrofitting options available based on individual production requirement
- Wide selection of clamping and injection unit combination thanks to the split machine bed
- Enlarged mold fixing platen: adaptation without purchasing the machine with the next level of clamping force
- Wide range of screws and nonreturn valves - even for high-temperature and high-performance versions (HPS)
- Ease of use:
- Ergonomic thanks to the optimal working height
- Perfect accessibility thanks to the wide design of the moving platen
- Removable housing elements for perfect accessibility
- Mold fixing platens with generous dimensions for flexible use of molds of various sizes
- High availability and a wide range of applications
- High-precision dynamic drive technology
- Intelligent energy management with an extremely small amount of energy under all load and application conditions
- Lowest energy consumption thanks to maximum efficiency
- Absolute platen parallelism is guaranteed for high mold weights thanks to the rolling linear guide
- High reproducibility and accuracy
Plastic Injection Moulding Machines - CX Series
(35tons - 650tons)
Full hydraulic, efficient, clean precise and fast from 35tons - 650tons
KraussMaffei's CX series is a range of all-hydraulic plastic injection moulding machines for clamp forces from 35 to 650 t. CX injection moulding machines are engineered to deliver the sustained high performance and high product quality required in many sectors and applications. The CX is a modular, platform-based range for high flexibility and cost-effective production. Two-platen technology means a compact machine and the four-tiebar clamp stands for highest precision and efficiency. KraussMaffei offers a comprehensive choice of plasticizing units and production options, making it possible to configure CX injection moulding machines for different applications and output levels in thermoplastic, thermoset and polyester injection moulding.
The flexible multi-talented injection moulding machine with a compact design
- Hydraulic clamping unit
- Clamping force range: 350 to 6500 kN
- Particularly space-saving
- Stable machine bed for very heavy mold weights as well
- Platform for a wide variety of processes
- due to the two-platen concept with cantilever clamping
unit up to 1,600 kN
- with large installation areas for peripheral equipment
- thanks to an intelligent energy management system and BluePower efficiency packages
- due to the new drive concept and state-of-the-art clamping unit hydraulics
- due to the modular design
- as high-performance basis for advanced technologies
Plastic Injection Moulding Machines GX Series
(400 - 900tons)
The new Krauss-Maffei Mid Range from 400 - 900tons. Fast and tailored specifically to your application.
The new dimension in injection molding
- Core features:
- Hydromechanical two-platen clamping technology
- Clamping force range: 4,000 to 9,000 kN
- GuideX: High-performance guide shoe
- Outstanding shot weight consistency
- Multiple applications
- High-performance thanks to:
- Very short dry cycle time (2.3 s)
- High precision with maximum dynamic performance
- Low energy consumption
User-friendly thanks to:
An intelligent, user-friendly control system
Value proven thanks to:
A robust clamping and injection unit
Low maintenance costs
Plastic Injection Moulding Machines MX Series
(850 - 5500 Ton)
Fast, efficient, reliable the giant workhorses of the plastic injection moulding industry from 800ton to 5500ton. KraussMaffei is among the market leaders in engineering large plastic injection moulding machines. The MX series is a systematic onward development of the highly successful MC series. MX plastic injection moulding machines are available in the clamp force range from 800 to 4000 t. MX machines are engineered to deliver sustained performance under demanding conditions. These plastic injection moulding machines are compact, high-performance production systems, capable of delivering fast responses, fast cycles and high productivity. Versatile and modular they offer a wide range of configurations for optimized, application specific solutions. Standard plastic injection moulding machines can be upgraded with minimal effort and adapted to any production conditions. Our product spectrum ranges from compact plastic injection moulding machines with basic automation to highly complex manufacturing cells and planning complete production plants.
MX series - Powerful. Versatile. Durable. New MC6 control system
- Core features:
- Hydromechanical two-platen clamping technology
- Clamping force range: 8,500 - 55,000 kN
- Plasticizing unit with high shot consistency
- Expanded product range available
- Robust clamping unit for heavy molds
- High-performance thanks to:
- Maximum speed combined with maximum precision
- Outstanding melt quality and excellent shot weight consistency
- High level of part quality
- Versatile thanks to:
- Customer-specific solutions
- A wide range of technologies
- An intelligent, user-friendly control system
- Durable thanks to:
- Construction and components optimized according to load case
- Low maintenance expenses and simple retrofitting
- Intelligent pairing of premium-quality materials
Jupiter - Making big connections
Fast and efficient fitting production with GX series
PX Series (50 to 200 Ton)
CX Series (35tons - 650tons)
GX Series (400 - 900tons)
Our strength is our people, our experience in the industry, and our worldwide
partnerships with true specialists in the industry.
Krauss Maffei Automation
KraussMaffei Automation has 25 years' experience in automation systems for injection
moulding machines. Automated systems are used for quality testing, insert placing,
clip insertion, cleaning and priming, and for the Cleanroom and DecoForm technologies.
Our linear and industrial robot portfolio permits complete automation solutions
and turnkey solutions.
The servo sprue picker from KraussMaffei features a very compact and stable design. The telescoping stroke makes the SPX10 particularly well suited for use in low shop heights. It forms a unit together with the machine, providing the optimal solution on the market for use in small spaces.
The compact robots of the LRX series are a reliable pillar for your production.
The progressive design with decentralized control cabinet concept and rigid X axis provides a new form of accessibility. This guarantees flexibility for the simple retrofitting of sensors or extension with new media circuits.
Rack-and-pinion drives provide for fast, high-precision movements in all axes. A central media portal allows for fast gripper changes and supports you in production with frequent product change-overs.
The linear robots in the LRX/LRX-S series from KraussMaffei distinguish themselves by their wide range of variants. They cover a clamping force range of 350 kN to 54,000 kN, and can be used universally for all types of injectionmolding machines - irrespective of brand or manufacturer.
For linear robots from KraussMaffei, there is an online programming wizard, called "WizardX", which is used in conjunction with the MC6 control unit. It makes programming the robots enchantingly simple.
IR stands for industrial robot. They implement complex demolding processes with a wide variety of grippers and freely programmable sequences of movements for wide swiveling ranges. Six axes enable enormous flexibility, even in spots where linear robots cannot be ideally used.
Industrial robots are designed for extreme ambient conditions and continuous operation - for example, when welding body components.
In addition to KraussMaffei we list here our partners
who’s expertise is critical in the achievement of truly first class solutions
for our customers:
Infra-red drying, Desiccant drying, Vacuum drying
GWK - Chillers, Mould Temperature Controllers, Cooling Systems
– Robotics, Dedicated solutions for the Injection Moulding industry.
Technomagnete - Magnetic QMC systems to clamp the moulds on plastic injection
The Kreyenborg Group is one of the leading suppliers for components
and systems for the plastics and recycling industry. Suppliers of Screen
Changers / Melt Filtration / Back-Flush Screen Changers / Continuous Screen
Changers / Underwater Pelletizers / Melt Pumps / Recycling equipment / Infra-Red
driers / PET Recycling/PET
Injection Moulding Technology, with its CX, EX and MX machine
ranges, is KraussMaffei’s largest business division. KraussMaffei offers
machinery for all standard injection moulding processes and for almost all
process variants and new techniques. We have selectively expanded our automation
expertise in recent years.
Cleanform: Injection moulding under cleanroom conditions.
Krauss-Maffei has a unique range of highly cleanroom suitable solutions.
Decoform: Back injection moulding onto decorative
overlayers such as textiles, leathers etc to produce parts with a high-quality
finish. Predominantly used in the automotive interior moulding industry
Duroset: Injection moulding with free flowing
granular thermoset feedstocks
Polyset: Injection moulding with unsaturated
polyester compounds, Dough Moulding Compound etc. KraussMaffei uses proprietary
force feeding technologies from Fahr Bucher as well as those developed inhouse.
Bulk Moulding compounds
Injection Moulding Compounder IMC: Krauss-Maffei’s
IMC is a system which replaces the injection unit in an IMM with a twin screw
compounder. This process opens new doors to processors allowing own recipe
formulation to suit exactly the properties required in the parts. These systems
sell themselves on the material cost reduction.parts required.
Mucell: A process where physical foaming
using carbon dioxide or nitrogen as blowing agents in moulded parts ensures
lighter, more rigid parts without sink marks.
Multinject: Multi-component moulding using
more than one material in the injection moulded part to give structural, functional
or decorative advantages. Examples are automotive tail lights,
KraussMaffei have built machines with the capability to inject up to 7 different
materials on one part.
Silicoset: The process is used to mould
liquid silicone rubber (LSR) which comprises two liquid components.
Skinform: A new process from Krauss-Maffeiwhich
combines thermoplastic injection moulding and polyurethane reaction injection
moulding to achieve high quality tactile finish. Mainly used for automotive
Twinform: The use of a rotating center platen
and injection from two sides to achieve multi-component parts, commonly used
in automotive interior trim and packaging industry. Advantages are lower clamping
Water injection (WIT), Gas injection (GIT) technologies: technologies to hollow out plastic parts to reduce material cost, remove sink
marks, improve cycle times. Commonly used for coolant pipes, steering wheels,
handles, roof rack frames.
CCM (Clear Coat Moulding) coats high-value parts with a flawless, thin, glass-clear
layer produced by a two-component PUR system.
Krauss-Maffei is a supplier of complete solutions to meet todays demanding environment:
Please have a look at some examples:
As you like it
Just-in-sequence (JIS) production system for automotive
bumpers, which are optimally adapted to requirements at the customers different
Futureproof automation solutions
Robot-based automation solutions for two machines, with the proviso that the
robots could be used flexibly with any brand of machine. Optimization on the
Requirements for a structural component are influenced by a number of factors:
crash behaviour, weight reduction, functional integration and design optimization.
Ideally, to satisfy all these requirements using just one technology.
Automation for the future
Install and commission a new work cell for production and quality control of
ampoules for drug delivery.
A glassfree alternative
To produce plastic vials and stoppers to the exacting quality specifications,
so that the products deliver the target advantages in handling and filling compared
with glass vials.
Problem-solving to system solutions
Design, engineering and commissioning of a complete production system for refrigerator
cabinets and doors.
Production in top gear
To develop and manufacture easy-open, easy-pour closures for post-mould assembly
and fitting to beverage cartons.
State of the art
To take up the challenge of meeting the soaring demand for PVC plastic lumber
(Azek) the company has rapidly expanded its market leadership by widening its
product range and boosting output.
Spin-platen mould reduces costs
The body of a new steam iron consists of a transparent water tank, a through-coloured
body and a handle with a softtouch zone.
Founded in 1989, approached by Krauss-Maffei in 1996 to
re-establish the brand in the Southern African market, P&CT has developed
a strong support team aimed at working with our customers to achieve truly
competitive world class manufacturing operations capable of meeting the customers
Link to KraussMaffei Extrusion Machines